Co-funded by the program Europe for Citizens/Network of Towns the PROJECT REVISION | REMEMBERING THE PAST, ENVISIONING THE FUTURE, gathered partners from 6 European countries that worked together between 2018 and 2023 to encourage young people to actively participate in the shaping of the future of the EU, by raising awareness of Europe’s violent past, the challenge the recent rise of extreme political movements represent for European society and the importance of the core values the EU is built upon for the future of Europe.
The project was conceived taking into attention 2019 when the last European elections were held, and also the commemorations of two important events that shaped our present reality:
- the 30th anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall
- the 15th anniversary of the enlargement of the EU to the countries of Eastern and Central Europe.
With the above background, the project contributed to:
- Encourage young people to be active participants in shaping the community’s future.
- Empower young people to engage actively in the democratic life of the community, and express their opinions, by emphasising the importance of active citizenship, individual awareness and different ways of participation on multiple levels
- Raise awareness among young people of the core values of the European Union, and the importance of their preservation for the future welfare of European societies
- Challenge extreme right political movements, Euroscepticism, hate speech, racism and xenophobia by exposing the factual and logical fallacies abusive discourse is based upon.
- Raise awareness among young citizens of the EU policies, instruments and tools for engagement, participation and solidarity Engage young people in the debate for the future of Europe, and encourage them to reflect on the society they want to live in.
Through six project events, the initiative reached around 950 direct participants from France, Italy, Albania, Romania, Portugal and Poland. It led to a higher level of awareness of the importance of the core values of the EU, its history and diversity, and increased participation of youth.
- Event #1 FRANCE – People and Walls Opening Event [02/07/2019 to 04/07/2019]
- Event #2 Setúbal, Portugal “The Right and wrong side of the Wall(s)” Forum [05/12/2019 to 07/12/2019
- Event #3 Poland – Forum “Overcoming Barriers to Human Dignity” [29/12/2022 until 01/12/2022]
- Event #4 Pollina (Italy) “The Public Face of the Wall” conference. [07/18/2022 to 19/07/2022]
- Event #5 Miercurea-Ciuc, Romania – Forum “Between memory and denial”. [25/10/2022 to 28/10/2022]
- Event #6 Librazhd, Albania – Forum “Between memory and denial” [10/01/2023 and 13/01/2023]
This website is a testimony of all the activities, participation and engagement of all the partner organisations and, especially, all the young persons from the different countries who participated actively in all project activities.
To all of them, Thank you